Cheat-Seeking Missles

Monday, December 20, 2004

And the Winner Is: Mel & Jesus!

Back in October, I suggested that The Passion of the Christ's boxoffice whuppin' of Michael Moore's Fahrenheit 9/11 was a good indicator that President Bush would win re-election.

As year-end nears, I thought I'd check the boxoffice take of the two films. No contest. According to MovieWeb, The Passion of the Christ is the #9 grossing film of all time, with total boxoffice of $370.3 million.

As for Fahrenheit 9/11, I don't know. It didn't make MovieWeb's top 100 list and I don't have the oomph to Google elsewhere. Thought you might like to know some of the fine films that beat out Moore's opus, though:
  • Grease
  • Planet of the Apes
  • Home Alone 2 (and 1 also, of course)
  • Three Men and a Baby
  • Robin Hood, Prince of Thieves
  • Big Daddy

You da man, Michael!